Preserving Choice and Protecting Quality Service Levels for Individuals who are Developmentally and Intellectually Disabled and their Families
Who we are?
We are citizens who desire to come together, collectively to advocate, protect and defend individuals who are developmentally and intellectually disabled, and support to their families.
Scriptural Basis: “Matthew 25:40 KJV” “40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”
What We Believe?
· That citizens living with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities are protected and respected like all citizens under the Constitution of the United States of America.
· That individual and family rights and matters of personal conscience must be held sacred.
· That quality of care and service levels should be the same whether an individual is placed in the public or private sector.
· That the legal guardian’s rights and decision-making should be upheld and maintained
· That before a person is released to an alternate place of care, the guardian has a right to full disclosure and comparison of the current level of services to what is being proposed. Furthermore, we believe that such a move necessitates the use of a review panel with professionals and peer members or organizations to assure that the quality of care and service levels are discussed, maintained and or enhanced. .
· That anything affecting individuals with Developmental and Intellectual Disability and their guardians, whether medical, research, religious, legal, political, social, psychological, economic, financial, discriminatory, institutional, private sector, public sector or other entity or group is an interest of PROTECTDID.
. That celebrating religious and cultural differences is the way to achieve a vibrant community.
What that means?
We are here for you—We are working towards preserving choice and protecting quality service levels for Individuals who are Developmentally and Intellectually Disabled.
We represent you— We will act on your behalf to all authorities civil, elected, legislative, judicial, otherwise noted and assumed.
You are granting us— You are granting Us the authorization to meet with various representatives of government for the sole purpose of advancing the cause and mission of PROTECTDID and its constituencies.
You are granting us— You are granting Us the authorization to advocate for family and patient care, following the same strict guidelines of HIPPA, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act that was passed by Congress in 1996
You are granting us — You are granting us the authorization to enter into negotiation on your behalf and to limitedly bind agreements until ratified by PROTECTDID and its constituencies.
You are supporting us — You are supporting our efforts with member ship, signs, letters, petitions, donations, broadcasting, advocating, demonstrating, protesting, and other positive forms of participation and activism